Sunday, November 1, 2009

I will pass this way but once...

If I may turn this phrase to another use...


There comes a time in life when you realise that some places you will only visit for the first and only time. A large city like Paris, you may have a chance of visiting again. But that beautiful beach you glimpse as the bus goes past, those fascinating locals you meet on your day out, no, you are not likely to see those a second time. And anyway you cannot step in the same river twice. The world moves on, you change.


To every local who helped me gain my bearings, or overlooked my massacre of your language while trying to communicate: obrigado e felicidade. To every fellow traveller who shared stories and tips: thank you, and may the way be smooth for you.

And thanks to you dear reader for tolerating my rambles and jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment