Friday, October 9, 2009

Webjet Brazil 2

In case you are wondering how I fared getting a plane ticket from Recife to Salvador, I am typing this in Salvador so it's a success. Of sorts.


After getting to Recife airport, the story of which I will write in a Recife episode, I headed for the Gol sales desk. This is because Gol has the flight with the time I want: midday which gets me to Salvador while there is daylight. I have to use Portuguese; the sales rep doesn't speak English. It costs a whopping R730+. No way I will pay that. Disappointed, I prepare myself to be resigned to a long bus trip the next night. Wait a moment, I thought, you're giving up too easily. Try Webjet, the time isn't so good, the flight gets there early evening and this makes for a bit more anxiety looking for the pousada, but you might get a reasonable price. And so I did, for R260+, which is about a third more than the online price and twice the price of the night bus but worth it to save time and wear on myself.


1 Real is about A$0,60 in case you are wondering. Fortunately the Aussie dollar is fairly high at the moment.


Why a success of sorts? Well, nothing ever quite goes smoothly in Brazil so you will have to wait for the Salvador episode of this continuing saga to learn why.

No comments:

Post a Comment